Now Booking 2018 Maryland Outdoor Family Photography Sessions and What To Wear!
Our Spring family session calendar is open for booking! Outdoor sessions are a beautiful option for maternity portraits, updated baby and child milestones, Easter, Mother's and Father's day gifts... or just because you have't had professional portraits taken in a while and it's about time! We are looking forward to the greenery and flowers as the beautiful outdoor backdrop.
I always get asked “what should we wear?” for family photography sessions. It seems daunting to coordinate outfits for your entire family. But we have some suggestions to help! Take a look at some of our spring wardrobe tips and ideas below. You can use these to think about how to style your own family.
If you have any questions, want to send pictures for advise, or need some extra help planning your outfits for your session – please contact the studio! We are happy to help.
Top Tips for What to Wear for Maryland Family Photography Sessions this Spring:
- Start with one outfit that you really like. Maybe Mom has a killer pair of shoes and dress she wants to wear. Go with it! From there, build around it so colors coordinate but don’t match exactly.
- Add a pop of color. Some of our favorite accent colors for the spring are light blue, pink, olive and navy blue. Pair the color with neutrals to tie it all together.
- Stay away from wearing a lot of green when having photos taken in grassy or wooded areas. Avoid fluorescent colors or logos on clothing that will age a portrait.
- Layer! Layers add dimension and depth. Don’t be afraid of texture or mixing patterns. If it’s chilly, bring a sweater. Or maybe layer on a necklace overtop a dress.
- Be careful wearing white. If you have fair skin or blonde hair, white tends to wash out skin tones. White is fine as an accent color.
- Dress your kids in clothes that fit perfectly, not with room to grow.
- Add accessories. A hat, vest, or suspenders for boys are adorable. If your girl likes to dress up, find a headband, bow or hat that she might not normally wear so a few pictures are extra special. Mom can have fun with accessories too!
- Don’t forget about nice shoes for everyone!
Remember, have fun with it! You want your family’s personality to shine through.